Who are we?
GP Electrical and Security Ltd is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are 58C Loughshore Road, Silverhill, Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, BT74 5NH, (028) 66340250,
The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
As we are primarily a Service provider, the majority of the data we collect is provided by you, when you:
- Contact us by email, telephone or in writing
- Enter into a contract with us to receive products or services we provide
- Complete the necessary documentation associated with the provision of the service requested
- Fill in forms via our website: www.gpelectricalandsecurity.com
We use your personal data for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual arrangements/requests with you, such as:
- Delivering Services
- Customer Support
- Business Operations
- Finance Administration
Your data is only collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
The categories of personal data concerned and how it is used
You may choose to give us the following information:
- General contact information such as your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and company information
- Information required to determine level/grade of security equipment required on site by carrying out a Risk Assessment
- Transactional information including purchases, inquiries, customer account information, order and contract information, delivery details, billing data, correspondence history
- Applications for Employment such as name, address and email address for correspondence
- Emergency contacts for monitored security systems. The data that we collect from your emergency contacts includes their name, address and mobile number. Emergency contact person(s) may be your partner, family members, neighbours, friends or employees. If you provide us with personal data relating to such people, you represent to us that you have informed them that we will use their personal data, and that it is in your and our legitimate interest for us to process their personal data to the extent permitted by and in compliance with the terms of this legal notice.
- Security system event logs and data relating to their setup, configuration and operation to meet the requirements of the installation. The nature and extent of the information collected by our products will vary based on the type and function of the product and the type of services for which they are used, subject to applicable laws.
We do not collect or store sensitive personal data (such information relating to health, beliefs or political affiliation).
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Where you have given consent
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and we will only share your information when necessary, to fulfil your contractual arrangements as requested by you.
In order to meet the requirements of a contractual arrangement, such as installation of a Monitored System, your data will be passed to relevant authorised third parties such as the Alarm Receiving Centre and PSNI if required. Other third parties would include Inspection Boards such as SSAIB/NICEIC and PSA which provide certification to customers upon installation.
These companies have similar legal obligations to us with regards to safeguarding your information. Such parties are not permitted to use your personal data for other purposes and we require them to act consistently with this policy.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and we only retain your data for the purpose of fulfilling the contract of agreement.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data, but failure to do so will result in our inability to fulfil the contractual obligation that you have requested.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
GP Electrical and Security is committed to protecting the security of your personal data and information collected from you. We use a variety of methods to ensure that your data is protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Such measures include the use appropriate anti-virus, secure server facilities and other technical, administrative and organisational security measures to protect your data.
We maintain information security controls to protect your information and will only disclose information as instructed by the customer or to provide the requested service. Additionally, we take back up copies to prevent accidental damage/destruction to your data. All members of staff are trained in Data Protection and Data Confidentiality.
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer your information outside of the UK / EEA.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- Validate users;
- Remember user preferences and settings;
- Determine frequency of accessing our content;
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns; and
- Analyse site visits and trends.
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our Data Protection Officer: Amy Latimer.
GP Electrical & Security Ltd, 58C Loughshore Road, Silverhill, Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh, BT74 5NH
T: 028 6634 0250
F: 028 6634 0251